Top 5 Reasons to Take Your Solo Adventure
1. If you are waiting on someone to join you, you might be waiting awhile. Not everyone wants to go to the same place, do the same things, or is able to get the same time off.
2. You can spend your days doing exactly what you want to do. Want to spend the entire day in a museum? Want to hire a guide to take you to historic sites? Feel like sleeping your day away on the beach? Go ahead. You don’t have anyone else to please.
3. You will meet some amazing new friends. When you are travelling alone, it is the perfect opportunity to meet new friends. I have kept in touch with a few travellers over the years; I have visited them in their countries and they have visited me in Canada.
4. Travelling solo can be cheap. If you are okay with hostels, sleep in a dorm. You only pay for a single bed and once again, you will meet some new friends!
5. It is an opportunity to spend time with yourself and find out what you really enjoy. After all, you’re going to be stuck with yourself for the rest of your life. Might as well make the most of it.
Top 5 Destinations to Take Your Solo Adventure
1. Australia – The people down under are some of the friendliest people around. Plus, Australia is fairly similar to other English-speaking countries… it is a bit easier to navigate when your on your first solo trip.
2. France – If you are interested in history, this is the perfect place to visit on your own. Spend your days visiting the museums, restaurants, and palaces. You got all the time in the world.
3. Costa Rica – With the exception of the capital city (San Jose) everyone will just want you to enjoy their country. Don’t be surprised if someone goes out of their way to make you a special dish or show you a secret beach.
4. Brazil – There might be a language barrier in this Portuguese speaking country, but that doesn’t mean the locals won’t help you out. Lost or looking for a certain place? They are more than happy to play a little charades or just actually take you to the place.
5. Thailand – Good food, great beaches, and travellers galore. You will have no trouble meeting some new friends here.