If you’re sitting on your suitcase, struggling to get the zipper closed, it’s time for you to dump out your suitcase and start over. You don’t want to be that girl, holding her breath as the flight attendants weighs your bag…then having to fork up some extra cash because it is over the 50 lb limit. Or worse….be wearing three jackets, two shirts, leggings and a pair of pants at the airport just so you have room in your bag.
So here are ten packing tips that you need to know:
- Pick out what you want to bring then get rid of half.
- Roll your clothes instead of folding.
- Put chargers inside a glasses case to keep them together and organized.
- Use miniature sizes of hair and shower products. If you need more on your trip, you can buy it then.
- Bring one or two pairs of versatile shoes. Something you can wear during the day and will easily go with any outfit at night.
- Use a pill container to pack your jewellery. It will keep your necklaces from getting tangled.
- Do not pack books. It’s 2015. Download books onto an e-reader. It will save space and weight.
- Take out the valuables such as camera, e-reader, laptop. Put those in your carry-on instead.
- Instead of printing out itineraries, flights, hotel reservations, etc. just save them to your phone.
- Avoid last-minute packing! If you rush, you’re more than likely to over-pack.